Denbergloss Silonim MIL-C-46168 CARC Aviation polyurethane coating resistant to chemicals.
MIL-C-46168D (type II, type IV HB)
Military combat equipment aliphatic polyurethane camouflage and non-camouflage top coat paint, chemical agent resistant, hard top coating paint, UV durable, durable especially in difficult air and waste water pollution conditions, durable in chemicals and acids, ideal for combat choppers and land vehicles. Lead and chromate free. Robust mechanically for erosion and chemicals, dust repellent, it can be implemented in several layers. Does not fade in long exposure to the sun. Produced in all camouflage colors according Fed. St. 595 including white snow with >95% reflection.
- Camouflage deep matt colors.
- Chemical resistant paint
- Smooth and hard finishing
- Flexible and tough.
- Rejecting strongly dirt and dust.
- Camouflage and regular coating.
- Strengthens the surface against scratches and mechanical injury.
- Excellent adhesion to infrastructure.
- Easily implemented.
- UV durable.
- Cool and heat tolerance.
- Quick drying.
- Does not contain cadmium and lead up to 0.06% lead. Does not contain chromates.
- Type II up to 420 grams per liter thinner
- Type IV up to 340 grams liter thinner.
- For aviation accessories and parts and ground airport equipment.
- For land combat vehicles and equipment.
- Part A – can be mixed manually easily, after 5 minutes you will get a smooth and uniform solution.
- Part B – to be transparent and clear.
- Storage stability – 24 hours 57 0C with no separation or spoiling,
- Theoretical coverage – 1 liter to 10-15 sqm.
- Hiding power – all colors except yellow >0.98 , yellow >0.92, in layer of 58 microns dry.
- Layer thickness recommended – 40-50 microns dry.
- Wet layer thickness recommended – 80-100 microns.
- Flexibility – 1 mm ( sheen )
- Density – 1.1 1.3 gm\cm 3
- Viscosity matte colors B + A (type II and IV) – 150-200 Krebs
- Hardness – >10 Dg (Erichsen)
- Erosion – 120 microns film – 3600 cycles (BYK Gardner) ASTM
- Polish resistance test – with the BYK Gardener tester test procedure (a), (b). (c)
- Ratio A:B – 2: 1 or 4:1 by volume.
- Color tolerance stability time – 6 hours undiluted package (increase in viscosity of no more than 6 seconds from authentic)
- Camouflage colors: spectral reflectance properties in the visible – 380-700 nanometers, near infrared – 700-900 nanometers.
- Infrared test: color 686A – 62-72, color 34082 – 0-60, color 37031 – 0-7
- Lead content – < 0.06 % from total solids
- Grinding –, matte – > 5 Hegman
- Gloss in 60o– matte < 3% In 85o – < 8%
- Hue changes allowed – Delta E – <1.0
- Pot life – once mixed B + A < 6 hours.
- Distilled water durability – without loss of adhesion or corrosion after 24 hours immersion.
- Carbons durability – without losing adhesion 1hr, after pull out of the liquid.
- Acid resistance – 24-micron thickness dry film immersed for 1 hr. in 10% solution acetic acid without any defects or shade changes.
- Oil durability (oil 1250) – 24 hours in 121OC without losing adhesion 4 hours after check-out of the liquid.
- Resistant to hydraulic oil after 24 hours in 66OC – without losing adhesion 4 hours after check-out of the liquid.
- Jet fuel resistance 7 days in room temp. without loss of adhesion – 4 hours after check-out of the liquid
- Heat resistance – 121 O C for 60 minutes. No shade changes Delta E < 1.
- Humidity cabinet test – 300 hr. 100% humidity in 49 O C without losing adhesion or damage after check-out of the liquid.
- Removability of paint – up to 90% of the paint is removed in bathe for 60 minutes.
- % solid – matte > 45%, for color 686A – type II – 58%, type IV – 61%, for color 34082 – type II- 60%, type IV – 65%
- UV resistance – Lacquer base test durability in accelerated conditions based on this product: 1,000 hours in Q-Panel with lamp UVA RADIATION-340 cycles of 8 hours of light at 600C and 4 hours of 500C, lacquer passed the test successfully with minimal shade changes and without harm to mechanical features. This test has been edited in the ministry of defense – materials laboratories and appendix to this specification.
- Suitable polyol Chem resist. (phthalic trimethylol propane polyester)
- UV resist additives.
- Fillers, glass spheres
- Durable pigments acc. 595 fed. St. instructions.
- Special flex materials.
- Solvents, additives.
- Part b – aliphatic isocyanates UV durable, (prepolymer)
- All shades of 595- Fed- St.
- 30 minutes.
Dry in between the layers:
- To another layer- 30 minute, dry hard – 3 hours, final – 4 hours.
- Spray, roller, brush.
- For spraying – 10-35% thinner D- 11 pressure 3- 4 atm.
- Brushing/roller — you can without dilution or up to 20% with thinner D- 11 if film is not smooth or “orange” effect at the time of application.
- At summer to slow down drying and prevent OVER SPRAY it is recommended to add retarder.
- Clean from dust, fat, dirt.
- Sand gently and wipe out.
- Fill large holes if needed with “compact schpachtel”.
- Primer patches or new primer if needed with “Epoxyden Primer” MIL-C-PRF-23377G
- Epoxyden primer aviation “MIL-C-PRF-23377G strontium chromate for steel and aluminum.
- 3.4 +1.6 = 5 liters.
- In cool, shaded room with appropriate ventilation.
- Keep lids hermetically sealed.
- 12 months in the original packaging.
- Thinner D- 11 at the end of painting.
- In factory laboratories according to specifications.
- COA and COC certificate.
- ISO 9001-2015
- Inedible, keep away from the reach of children.
- Flammable – keep distant from heated areas, fires, flames, and sparks, prohibit smoking in working area.
- While applying, good air ventilation is important. In case there is not enough air, use ventilation according to the ventilation table.
- Wear protective glasses, gloves and suits.
- Avoid direct contact of the paint and/or thinner with the eyes and skin. In case of contact, immediately wash thoroughly with water.
- In case of an injury immediately get doctors assistance.
- Read the safety instructions on the labels.
- See M.S.D.S
- Don’t mix the product with materials which were not recommended by us.
- Don’t apply if the temperature is under +7°C.
- Don’t apply if humidity is over 80%
- When applying with Airless, do not aim it at anybody a direct hit could be fatal at pressures over 150 atm.
- Read thoroughly the technical data of the product listed in this section; confirm that everything is understood completely, for clarification contacts our tech. department.
- All information that is listed in this content is a recommendation merely and cannot be applied in the court of law.
- The costumer must test & check that this product is compatible with his equipment and needs.
- The information listed in this section is according to the laboratory conditions (temperature, humidity etc.) which the products were tested.
- The recommendations listed do not hold any responsibility for this product.
- Theoretical and actual coverage area are different concepts, the actual coverage is affected by the required thickness of the layers, required number of layers, painting conditions including the amount of paint which spread in the air before touching the surface.
- The information listed in this section is based on experience and accumulating data, Denber Inc., has the right to change the information listed at any time.
- Paints that have been in stagnation or exposed to air more than needed could have their qualities changed.
- Storage room temperature 15°C to 25°C.
- Over Spray: An effect which occurs in the spraying of paints application. A type of “dust” is created by dry gases of the air, which causing the paint particles to fall dry on the surface (hereafter the “effect”). The impact of this “effect” becomes stronger due to over pressure and heat, (most sprayers have a lever to control the pressure) To avoid the negative impact 0f the “effect”, the pressure of the spraying should be lowered to the necessary minimum! Another possibility is to increase the amount of the thinner in the mixture which would cause the paint particles to fall wetter on the surface.
An additional recommended possibility, to avoid this “effect”, is to add a retarder to the mixture which increases the duration period of the painting application, avoiding the paint to dry up, and enabling it to reach the surface wetter, thus a better painted smooth layer is formed.
- Pot Life: The working time which is possible to paint a mixture of two components, A+B (or more) without spoiling the qualities of the paint or disqualifying the paint as “out of use”.
- Spray: It is possible to spray with a sprayer that has a container holding the paint that sprays it with air pressure.
- Airless: a device with a piston which compresses the air for spraying paints. The pressure might be high (over 100atm.) Don’t aim it at anyone
- Surface preparations: the level of cleanness is determined by international standards. Surface preparations, including cleansing sand blasting, is important & critical factor in achieving an optimal result for painting adhesion on a certain surface. These standards are equally compared to the standards of the Swiss SA, the German-Din the U.S SSPC SP for each standard in any level there are indicators, for sale, in order to make visual comparison between the cleansing of the surface and the indicator.
- Prior to the painting on large surfaces it is important to test the product on a small area, to be sure that the paint is compatible with the level of satisfactory.
- Laboratory testing was made according to the standards institution specifications.
- This “Data sheet” given as noncommittal information, the product above recommended for professional painting specialists. This information is not a substitute to personal guidance.
- You must read the MSDS safety instructions before you start working with the product.
Environment conditions for application:
- The paint must be mixed until homogeneous and ready for application. The temperature critical limits in the painting booth are 16OC-38OC, recommended working temp.: 20OC-32OC, the humidity critical limits are 20%-80%, recommended working humidity: 20%-65%
- Visit our site: http://www.denber1.co.il
- Varnish for wood. How to choose the right varnish for wood
- Crystal epoxy resin for tables
- Sealing the floor of the balcony, terrace from rain
- Thin floor nano-coverings for industrial refrigerators and freezers
- Epoxy floors – Benefits of epoxy floors
- Swelling paints for steel protection against fire – Fire retardant paint
- Paint for aircraft Denbergloss Jets
- Thermal isolation Thermoseal 200 energy saving in green constructionDenbergloss