Epoxyden Ship solcoat aluminum
High build 75% solids epoxy primer/mid. coat
A two component anticorrosive epoxy amine primer or mid. coat high build heavy duty. It is surface passive and for that recoat able for a long period of time and can be painted in several layers to obtain the proper thickness to form durability against mechanical abrasion for long period of time. Durable in hard salty sea water and under water environment. Isolation coat that prevents the passing through of the moisture, for mid. isolation layer for pipes, ships, tankers, reservoirs before coating with top polyurethane paints or under water antifouling paints. Suitable for painting over light rust or partial surface preparation. Can be applied in primer and mid coat 150 mic, each and together the 300 mic. coat are as strong as steel. Prepared for the continuation of the painting process as well as for antifouling coatings.
Epoxyden Ship solcoat aluminum:
Suitable for painting water pipes and tanks & tankers made of ferrous metal , producing anticorrosive sealing protective layer preventing the moisture to pass through .by painting several layers a thick coating is achieved with a mechanical durability for long time. Contains no lead, chromates or coal-tar. Contains aluminum flakes for barrier protection to steel and galvanize steel. Resistant to boiling water and to heat up to 200OC.
Suitable to aggressive corrosive environment level C5-I and complies with the standard ISO 12944-6 for chemicals ISO 2812-1, humidity chamber ISO 6270, salt spray chamber ISO 7253, for DURABILITY LEVEL RANGE – HIGH
- Strong & flexible multi thickness paint.
- Suitable for painting over alight rusted steel with a partial prepared surface.
- Anticorrosive, prevent developing of rust.
- Primer and middle layer for ships before painted with “Tutgum antifouling” in under water surfaces or “Denbergloss ship” for the upper surfaces.
- Not toxic and do not emits poison.
- Durable in boiling water and resistant to heat up to 200O
- Durable in extreme humidity, sea water and underwater conditions.
- A primer with mechanical strength and has high adhesion to ferrous metals and galvanize metals.
- Resistant to mechanical hits and shocks.
- Resistant to solutions of acids or of alkali also in extreme conditions of humidity and moisture.
- The primer has excellent adhesion ability to the surface and provides an excellent primer to pipes and reservoirs before top coat painting.
- The stricter of the aluminum flakes provides a barrier protection aloud no humidity to pass through.
- Useful to bridge between an old paint layers to a new top ones.
- Easy to apply, dries fast. Can be apply in many layers with an open time for recoat of 48 hours in brushing or spraying.
- Can be painted by brushing or spraying to create multi layers.
- Thixotropic, suitable to produce in each single spraying a thick layer.
- Low surface strength makes it easily recoat able – more layers can be applied or a top paint can be applied on the primer.
- Resistant to fuels & oils including for jets fuels.
- To paint intermediate/mid barrier layer, vessel of all kind for sealing, and for corrosion and mechanical protection.
- As primer before top polyurethane paints on exterior building walls from concrete or metal in humid environment or near the sea salted atmosphere.
- For painting buildings / constructions made of steel in corrosive atmosphere of the chemical industry,
- For strengthen surface before coating with primer and mid. layer.
- For anticorrosive primer on iron before top coat.
- For painting interior and exterior surface of equipment, machines, metal buildings, pipes for fresh and salted water, reservoirs, tankers, containers especially in corrosive/salty/humid environment.
- For drinking and salt water contact.
- For all sorts of swimming pools.
- For intermediate layer, mid coat, in tankers/containers of crude oil and its refined.
- Coverage – 1 liter to 5 sqm. in a layer of 150 microns. dry layer.
- Hiding power – a layer of 58 microns > 0.95
- Flexibility – 1 mm (sheen)
- Density –part A =1.35-1.55 gm\cm3 part B =0.85-0.95 gm\cm3(ASTM D1475)
- Viscosity part A + part B immediately after mixing – 6-8 Pa.sec , 45 seconds # 4
- Hardness – >10 Dg (Erichsen)
- Flash point – 38OC
- Solids by volume – mixed A+B= 75% by Vol., part A 75% by volume, part B 75% by volume(ASTM-D-2369)
- Erosion-120 microns film –5600 cycles (BYK Gardner) ASTM
- Recommended layer thickness – 150 mic. dry film.
- Recommended number of layers – at least 2 (surface passive – can apply many coats)
- Pot life (working time from mixing a with b) – 0.5 – 1 hours. (After 4 hours blend B + A viscosity less than 70 seconds on cup 4 # after 8 hours will not show jell)
- Mixing ratio A: B – 1 : 1 by volume.
- Waiting time after mixture and before painting: 10 minutes. And stir again with a mechanical mixer before start painting.
- Heat resistance- for 1 hr. in 121oc without changes of shade or quality of the film.
- Hot oil durability – 121oc for 24 hours without any changes in the quality of the film and the shade.
- Oil hydraulic resistance point- 65oc for 24 hours without any changes in the quality of film and it shade.
- Solvents durability – 50 cycles rubbing with cloth soaked in MEK – no peeling of paint.
- Distilled water resistance – 4 days in 49oc – no defects of film and adhesion.
- Adhesion test – stick 3M standard tape to surface under pressure of 2 kg and after 1 hr. pull it off – no paint split off the surface.
- Salt spray (with scratch) resistance – 3000 hr. (development corrosion up tp 5 mm ASTM B117-97 table 1 step 5)
- Salt spray ISO 7253 – 1440 hr.with 5 cm scratch and at list 2 cm from panel edge
(3 panels in test 7x15cm, M < M=C-W =1 C- scratch size with corrosion
2 2 W- scratch size 50mm
Thickness tested – 250 mic. dry film. Will show no pilling, bubbles, other defects. Corrosion level will be less than 1 mm.
- Humidity cabinet 720 hr. in 30 cycles for high durability. ISO 6270 – Will show no pilling, bubbles, other defects.
- Humidity cabinet 3000 hr. panel coated 150 mic. with scratch (ASTM 1654-0 table 1 step 10) – zero rust from scratch.
- Pull off adhesion test ASTM D4541 average result of 4 tests in thickness 110-125 micron average 117 microns, after 7 days drying – 850 Psi
- Chemical resistance – ISO 2812-1 , 168 hr. in solutions: 10% NaOH, 10% H2SO4, turpentine with 18% aromatics, for tests Lm-1 water , Lm-2 sodium chloride 5% Will show no pilling, bubbles, other defects.
- Epoxy resin and. (Siba-Geigi)
- Fillers, anticorrosive pigments.
- Polyamide hardeners for sea waters.
- Aluminum flakes pigment filler.
- Solvents and additives
- Aluminum, RAL 7035 gray, metallic red/brown.
- Silky 35-55% (ASTM D 523) 60O lens test
Touch dry time:
- 2-4 hours. (Due to the quick drying time especially in summer hot day out doors – avoid from over spray, avoid spraying “dust”)
Drying between layers:
- 16 hours. Final drying: 24 hours.
- Brush, roller, spray.
- Spray gun – it is recommended inter pressure < 4 atm.
- Airless – pressure 5-7 atm. dilution 0-5% nozzle 0.021 “
- Thinner D-4/100. (MIL-T-81771 Type II)
- 10-25% by volume -according to need. if orange peel appearance you can increase the dosage to 35%
- Spraying with spry gun – 10-25%
- Airless – 0-5% nozzle 0.021-0.023”
- A thorough cleaning needed from dirt, dust and loose paints.
- On old paint – sand well and clean with air pressure, clean with dry clean cloth soaked with thinner.
- Iron Metals – recommended but not must – sand blast cleaning till white metal appears SA-2.5 level. Metal brushes clean -For rusty surfaces ST-3, for light rusty surfaces – ST-2.5, for galvanize steel – sanding until totally matte surface appears.
- Very big surfaces –remove the paint with paint removers and wash with water for neutralizing. Sand/spray soft sands or plastic powder for light roughness. Rinse with water and dry completely.
- For aluminum –burn with ANTAROX 4 and PASSIVATOR 1722 yellow/green, or spray layer of Epoxyden Stronzium Chromate MIL–C-23377 for best primer and this product as mid. Thick layer.
- This product itself is a primer and mid. coat.
- For iron steel and galvanize – “Epoxyden 19 solcoat red”.
- For aluminum – “Epoxydem wash primer” or “Epoxyden Stronzium chromate”.
- You can paint the top layer 8-12 hours after painting the primer if it had the heat and dryness condition.
- During the cold winter, you can paint only after 24 hours.
- The top layer can be “Denbergloss ship” for ships or “Denbergloss acrylic” for pipes, reservoirs, tankers, metal construction – aliphatic exterior polyurethane paint with UV resistance.
Epoxyden Ship solcoat aluminum
Instructions for use:
- Open carefully parts A and B and stir separately.
- Pour from two parts in the right ratio the required amount and mix well with mechanical mixer (operated by air pressure is recommended for safety reasons) for a uniform mixture.
- Wait for 10 minutes while adding the thinner as needed and mix again. Spray a thin layer of at least 23 microns thickness dry film and till 300 mic. if no licks appear. If necessary if the layer does not completely uniform or part of surface not painted, wait about 4-12 hours for complete drying (if not completely dry it can shrink) and spray another layer. Insert into clean and controlled temp. drying room for 12 hours before painting the top layer.
- Wash the equipment well immediately after finishing painting.
Pot Life after mixing the mixture a + b of 5 liters:
- 15oc – 2.5 hr.
- 20oc – 1.5 hr.
- 25oc – 1 hr.
- 30oc – 40 minutes
- 35oc – 20 minutes.
- Quantity air needed for 1 liter of blend paint :
- Achieving 10% of the LEL = 65M3
- To obtain the TLV = 990 M3
- 2.5+2.5 = 5 liters.
- In cool and shaded room in room temp. with proper ventilation.
- Keep lids tightly closed.
- 12 months in original package.
- D- 4/100 thinner immediately after painting.
- In factory laboratories according to specifications.
- COA and COC certificate.
- ISO 9001-2015
Epoxyden Ship solcoat aluminum
- Inedible, keep away from the reach of children.
- Flammable – keep distant from heated areas, fires, flames, and sparks, Prohibit smoking in working area.
- While applying, good air ventilation is important. In case there is not enough air, use ventilation according to the ventilation table.
- Wear protective glasses, gloves and suits.
- Avoid direct contact of the paint and/or thinner with the eyes and skin. In case of contact, immediately wash thoroughly with water.
- In case of an injury immediately get doctors assistance.
- Read the safety instructions on the labels.
- See M.S.D.S
- Don’t mix the product with materials which were not recommended by us.
- Don’t apply if the temperature is under +7°C.
- Don’t apply if humidity is over 80%
- When applying with Airless, do not aim it at anybody a direct hit could be fatal at pressures over 150 atm.
- Read thoroughly the technical data of the product listed in this section; confirm that everything is understood completely, for clarification contacts our tech. department.
- All information that is listed in this content is a recommendation merely and cannot be applied in the court of law.
- The costumer must test & check that this product is compatible with his equipment and needs.
- The information listed in this section is according to the laboratory conditions (temperature, humidity etc.) which the products were tested.
- The recommendations listed do not hold any responsibility for this product.
- Theoretical and actual coverage area are different concepts, the actual coverage is affected by the required thickness of the layers, required number of layers, painting conditions including the amount of paint which spread in the air before touching the surface.
- The information listed in this section is based on experience and accumulating data, Denber inc., has the right to change the information listed at any time.
- Paints that have been in stagnation or exposed to air more than needed could have their qualities changed.
- Storage room temperature 15°C to 25°C.
- Over Spray: An effect which occurs in the spraying of paints application. A type of “dust” is created by dry gases of the air, which causing the paint particles to fall dry on the surface (hereafter the “effect”). The impact of this “effect” becomes stronger due to over pressure and heat, (most sprayers have a lever to control the pressure) To avoid the negative impact 0f the “effect”, the pressure of the spraying should be lowered to the necessary minimum!. Another possibility is to increase the amount of the thinner in the mixture which would cause the paint particles to fall wetter on the surface.
An additional recommended possibility, to avoid this “effect”, is to add a retarder to the mixture which increases the duration period of the painting application , avoiding the paint to dry up, and enabling it to reach the surface wetter, Thus a better painted smooth layer is formed.
- Pot Life : The working time which is possible to paint a mixture of two components, A+B (or more) without spoiling the qualities of the paint or disqualifying the paint as “out of use”.
- Spray: It is possible to spray with a sprayer that has a container holding the paint that sprays it with air pressure.
- Airless: a device with a piston which compresses the air for spraying paints. The pressure might be high (over 100atm.) Don’t aim it at anyone
- Surface preparations: the level of cleanness is determined by international standards. Surface preparations, including cleansing sand blasting, is important & critical factor in achieving an optimal result for painting adhesion on a certain surface. These standards are equally compared to the standards of the Swiss SA, the German-Din the U.S SSPC SP For each standard in any level there are indicators, for sale, in order to make visual comparison between the cleansing of the surface and the indicator.
- Prior to the painting on large surfaces it is important to test the product on a small area, to be sure that the paint is compatible with the level of satisfactory.
- Laboratory testing was made according to the standards institution specifications.
- This “Data sheet” given as noncommittal information, the product above recommended for professional painting specialists. This information is not a substitute to personal guidance.
- You must read the MSDS safety instructions before you start working with the product.
Safety instructions and transportation risk levels:
* According to UVV 24 (VGB 32) standards.
- It is recommended to cover containers and tubes which have flammable substances from ‘A’ group, level: 1, 2, 3, and from group ‘B’.
Epoxyden Ship solcoat aluminum
Visit our sites: www.denber-paints.co.il
- Varnish for wood. How to choose the right varnish for wood
- Thermal isolation Thermoseal 200 energy saving in green construction
- Crystal epoxy resin for tables
- Fire resistance of houses, hardwood and parquet floors, decks
- Sealing the floor of the balcony, terrace from rain
- Thin floor nano-coverings for industrial refrigerators and freezers
- Epoxy floors – Benefits of epoxy floors
- Swelling paints for steel protection against fire – Fire retardant paint
- As part of the restoration of buildings – concrete restoration at the Yad Kennedy site
- Paint for aircraft Denbergloss Jets
- Complicated sealing based on innovative technologies
- Reconstruction project of a unique house (Israeli house of architect Gaudi); Renovation of condominiums
- The work on the floor covering and restoration of the sports hall has been completed
- Denber has developed an innovative solution for thermal insulation works
- Mold, how to remove mold correctly and how to fight mold
- “Sick” buildings – Antibacterial paints destroys viruses / bacteria – Bacterinoll/ Tutgum Bacterinol
- Denber – floor coating using epoxy and polyurethane – find out what is suitable for you epoxy floor or polyurethane floor
- Epoxy floor coating and epoxy paints
Epoxyden Ship solcoat aluminum