Epoxy Primer MIL-C-53022, aviation Primer for steel.
Epoxyden primer- aviation
MIL-P-53022B type II
(HIGH SOLIDS LEAD AND CHROMATE FREE)
A 6-page specification. Updated 22 November, 2011 …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
Aviation epoxy two component zinc phosphate primer paint, high solids content, corrosion inhibiting primer base for ferrous and nonferrous metals in airplanes/missiles and space shuttles/stations.
Cat. Item no. : 670003
Epoxy paint rich with zinc phosphate, particularly strong with a unique molecular structure matches the requirements of the American federal standard device, manufactured in accordance with the requirements of the contents of zinc.
Paint creates a primer foundation layer with high adhesion to space aviation parts that maid of ferrous and nonferrous metals parts treated according to the U.S. Fed. St. Also used as the mid. layer “bridges” the old paint before recoat it with a polyurethane top aliphatic aviation CARC or camouflage paints.
Paint is produced according to the American standard specifications MIL-P-53022B
- Primary paint with high mechanical strength and adhesion to ferrous and nonferrous metals.
- Creates a suitable preparation for top painting polyurethane aliphatic aviation and CARC paints.
- Anticorrosive and rust inhibitor.
- Durable in alkaline acids mixed with a durable and moisture environment.
- An excellent adhesion to infrastructure. Suitable also as bridge coat to old paint coat before repainting new layer of paint.
- Easy to apply and dries quickly.
- Ready to recoat with top layer coating on the same day after 12 hours.
- High coverage.
- Durable in jets gasoline and oils.
- As the basis for paints interior and exterior aviation aerospace’s and airplanes.
- For strengthening infrastructure before coating top layer and as intermediate layer.
- Primer coat before coating with top aviation coat.
- Coverage – 1 liter to 16 sqm. in a layer of 50 microns dry.
- Hiding power – > 0.95 in layer of 58 microns.
- Flexibility – 1 mm (sheen)
- Density – part A 1.35-1.45 gm\cm 3, part B 0.85 -0.95gm\cm 3
(ASTM D 1475)
- Viscosity – part A + part B immediately after mixed 40 seconds cups4 #, 65-80 Krebs
- Stiffness/hardness->3 Dg (Ericsson)
- Flash point- 24 o c
- Amount of solid- part A min. 70% by volume, (ASTM-D-2369)
- Erosion-120 microns-1560 cycles (BYK Gardner) ASTM
- Recommended layer thickness – 10-23 microns dry (minimum values)
- Recommended layers – 1- 2
- Touch dry time – up to 0.5 hours.
- Hard dry time – up to 6 hours.
- Pot life (once- mixed A+B) – 4 hours. (after 4 hours blend A + B viscosity of less than 70 seconds on # 4, after 8 hours not created jells)
- Mixing ratio, a: b – 2.5: 1 in volume. Or 4:1 by volume.
- Waiting time after mixed and before starting painting: 10 minutes and blend again with a mechanical mixer.
- Heat tolerance durability – 121OC over 1 hour without any changes in the quality of the film and the hue color.
- Hot oil durability – 121O C 24 hours without any changes in the quality of the film and the hue color
- Resistant hydraulic oil – 65O C 24 hours without any changes in the quality of the film and the hue color
- lead content – 0.06% of total solids content.
- Cadmium and Chromates – zero.
- Solvents durability – 50 time rubbing cloth marriages in MEK with no peel off paint.
- Distilled water durability – for 4 days in 49 O C – with no defects of film.
- Masking tape adhesion test – pressed with barbell 2 kg for 1 hour and rip of -no flaking of paint rip off.
- Removes paint – 90% or more in 60 minutes in paint remover.
- Salt spray – durable 400 hours.
- VOC solvent content – max. 235 gr. per liter.
- Epoxy resin as required in standard.
- Fillers, pigments.
- Polyamide hardeners.
- Phosphate zinc.
- Green BAC 452
- standard 595 as required
- 10-30% (ASTM D 523) test paints in 60 0
Dry to touch:
- 30 min. (Due to the fast drying avoid over spray “dust”)
Dry hard and between the layers:
- 6 hours. Complete drying: 6 hours.
- Roller, brush, spray gun, airless.
- Air gun – in pressure 4 atm.
- Airless- 0-5% dilution nozzle “0.021
- Thinner D-4/ (corresponding to MIL-T-81771 Type II)
- 10-25% according to need for roller or brush. appearance of the “orange” shell, you can increase the dosage to 35%
- Air spray gun – 10-25% thinner D-4/100
- Airless – 0-5% thinner D-4/100
- Clean surface from dust, fat, dirt and loose paint.
- Old coat – sand well and clean with dry air, clean with clean rag dipped in thinner.
- Iron metals-sand blasting cleaning up to SA- 2.5 standard (white metal)
- Very large parts – remove paint with paint removers and flash with water spray plastic soft granular to complete stripping and rinse thoroughly dry.
- You can paint top color on this primer 8 -12 hours after painting if primer was spread in appropriate conditions.
- During cold winter you can paint after 24 hours.
- The matching paints are all types of aviation top layer paints for aircraft and space including CARC paints.
Instructions for use:
- Open carefully parts A and B and mix separately.
- Pour according the ratio part A and part B to the required amount and mix well with mechanical mixer (recommended air mixer) for a uniform mixture.
- Wait 10 minutes while adding thinner and mix again.
- Pour to painting equipment and spray thin layer for at least 10 microns dry. If necessary if the layer is not uniform or part not painted perfectly, wait approximately 4 hours (up to 12 hours if not dry completely you will receive a shrieked layer) spray another layer.
- Insert into sealed and clean and dry room with temperature control for 12 hours before paint overlay.
- Clean equipment after work.
Pot Life after mixing the blend of A + B of 5 liters:
- 15O C – 10 hours
- 20O C – 8 hours
- 25O C – 6 hours
- 30O C – 5 hours
- 35O C – 4 hours
- Amount of air required for 1-liter Epoxyden primer blend:
- For 10% of LEL = 65 M 3
- For the TLV = 990 M 3
- 3.4+1.6= 5 liters.
- In a cool, shaded room with proper ventilation.
- Keep lids tightly closed.
- 12 months in the original packaging.
- Thinner D 4/100 as soon as you finish the painting.
- In factory laboratories according to specifications.
- COA and COC certificate.
- ISO 9001-2015
- Inedible, keep away from the reach of children.
- Flammable – keep distant from heated areas, fires, flames, and sparks, prohibit smoking in working area.
- While applying, good air ventilation is important. In case there is not enough air, use ventilation according to the ventilation table.
- Wear protective glasses, gloves and suits.
- Avoid direct contact of the paint and/or thinner with the eyes and skin. In case of contact, immediately wash thoroughly with water.
- In case of an injury immediately get doctors assistance.
- Read the safety instructions on the labels.
- See M.S.D.S
- Don’t mix the product with materials which were not recommended by us.
- Don’t apply if the temperature is under +7°C.
- Don’t apply if humidity is over 80%
- When applying with Airless, do not aim it at anybody a direct hit could be fatal at pressures over 150 atm.
- Read thoroughly the technical data of the product listed in this section; confirm that everything is understood completely, for clarification contacts our tech. department.
- All information that is listed in this content is a recommendation merely and cannot be applied in the court of law.
- The costumer must test & check that this product is compatible with his equipment and needs.
- The information listed in this section is according to the laboratory conditions (temperature, humidity etc.) which the products were tested.
- The recommendations listed do not hold any responsibility for this product.
- Theoretical and actual coverage area are different concepts, the actual coverage is affected by the required thickness of the layers, required number of layers, painting conditions including the amount of paint which spread in the air before touching the surface.
- The information listed in this section is based on experience and accumulating data, Denber Inc., has the right to change the information listed at any time.
- Paints that have been in stagnation or exposed to air more than needed could have their qualities changed.
- Storage room temperature 15°C to 25°C.
- Over Spray: An effect which occurs in the spraying of paints application. A type of “dust” is created by dry gases of the air, which causing the paint particles to fall dry on the surface (hereafter the “effect”). The impact of this “effect” becomes stronger due to over pressure and heat, (most sprayers have a lever to control the pressure) To avoid the negative impact 0f the “effect”, the pressure of the spraying should be lowered to the necessary minimum! Another possibility is to increase the amount of the thinner in the mixture which would cause the paint particles to fall wetter on the surface.
An additional recommended possibility, to avoid this “effect”, is to add a retarder to the mixture which increases the duration period of the painting application, avoiding the paint to dry up, and enabling it to reach the surface wetter, thus a better painted smooth layer is formed.
- Pot Life: The working time which is possible to paint a mixture of two components, A+B (or more) without spoiling the qualities of the paint or disqualifying the paint as “out of use”.
- Spray: It is possible to spray with a sprayer that has a container holding the paint that sprays it with air pressure.
- Airless: a device with a piston which compresses the air for spraying paints. The pressure might be high (over 100atm.) Don’t aim it at anyone
- Surface preparations: the level of cleanness is determined by international standards. Surface preparations, including cleansing sand blasting, is important & critical factor in achieving an optimal result for painting adhesion on a certain surface. These standards are equally compared to the standards of the Swiss SA, the German-Din the U.S SSPC SP for each standard in any level there are indicators, for sale, in order to make visual comparison between the cleansing of the surface and the indicator.
- Prior to the painting on large surfaces it is important to test the product on a small area, to be sure that the paint is compatible with the level of satisfactory.
- Laboratory testing was made according to the standards institution specifications.
- This “Data sheet” given as noncommittal information, the product above recommended for professional painting specialists. This information is not a substitute to personal guidance.
- You must read the MSDS safety instructions before you start working with the product.
- Visit our site: http://www.denber1.co.il
- Varnish for wood. How to choose the right varnish for wood
- Crystal epoxy resin for tables
- Sealing the floor of the balcony, terrace from rain
- Thin floor nano-coverings for industrial refrigerators and freezers
- Epoxy floors – Benefits of epoxy floors
- Swelling paints for steel protection against fire – Fire retardant paint
- Paint for aircraft Denbergloss Jets
- Thermal isolation Thermoseal 200 energy saving in green constructionDenbergloss