For coating and sealing swimming pools
Single component chlorinated rubber base, standard blue shade. For painting swimming pools made of concrete, fiberglass, aluminum. Suitable for painting swimming pools and reservoirs. Adhere outstandingly to concrete, aluminum and fiberglass. The paint is strong durable and thick topcoat. Fast drying, durable under water in low chlorine dose. Suitable for marking in red and black colors. Forms a sealed membrane which prevents passage of water and do not aloud creating bubbles in the paint film.
- Ready for use. For painting on suitable primers: on concrete and fiberglass – Epoxyden floor primer, on aluminum – Epoxyden wash primer.
- Flexible and strong, decorative in number of colors in addition to blue standard.
- Excellent adhesion capacity to the suitable primer coats.
- Easy to apply with a brush / roller / spray.
- Dries quickly.
- Durable in standing water and resist to pressure under deep water
- Excellent sealer.
- Hard, scratch durable and shock resistant.
- Flexible and not cracked in temperature changes on summer between day and night in direct exposures to the sun.
- Can be applied in any weather except in rainy days .
- Resistant to chlorine except the pigment hue fading caused only if there is over concentration of chlorine in the water.
- Non-toxic and does not emit toxins, suitable for human contact and non-toxic in case drinking the pool water. Can paint with epoxy officially approved by the Standards Institution of Israel for drinking water.
- For sealing and painting all the various swimming pools.
- Theoretical consumption: 1 liter to 5 sqm. in two layers.
- Flexibility: 1 mm (Sheen) (standard 935 part 307)
- Grinding: < 50 micron (standard 785 part 15 < 60 micron)
- Density: 1.10-1.35 gm/cm3
- Resistance to immersion in water: no bubbles, no softness, no adhesion changes (standard 935 part 312)
- Bleeding stability: not less than level 6 according ASTM D-868 and ASTM D-969
- Resistance to fuels and solvents: stable according ASTM D-2792-93
- Viscosity: 0.5-1.5 Pa.sec (Haake)
- Hardness: > 10 Dg (Erichsen)
- Strength in stretching: 75 kg/cm2
- Erosion: 120 micro film – 1050 cycle (BYK Gardner), ASTM D4060 200 mic. dry film – loos 2 grams weight to 500 cycles (the standard allows 5 grams loss)
- Resistance to heat 70OC: with no changes in properties or deformation.
- Number of recommended layers: 2-3
- UV durability: 12 months exposure to direct sun.
- Elongation before erosion: until 250%
- Temperature durability: +60OC to – 60OC
- Durability in water pressure: 4 atm.
- Chlorinated rubber resins.
- Special flexibility
- Pigments UV ray
- Fillers, abrasion quartz.
- Wetting materials.
- Solvents and
- Standard blue, ocean blue, red and black for marking and signs texts.
- 10-20 (avoid over spraying, the paint will not adhere to the surface)
- If dust is formed while spraying add a retarder and thinner and low the spraying pressure. If too hot – work in the late morning or afternoon. .
Drying time period between layer applications:
- 5-4 hours. Final: 6 hours.
- Brush, spray,
- Brush/roller: 5% – 10% D-32
- Spraying: 10% – 30% D-32 thinner 3-4
- Airless: 5%-10% thinner D-32 5-6 nozzle 0.015”
- In winter when cold a thinner D-18 can be used as it dries faster
- Thoroughly cleaning needed from dirt, grease, dust and old paint peeling.
- Recommended by sand blast cleaning (level SA-2.5) or by mechanical polish and sanding until perfect clean surface achieved.
- After cleaning a perfect dust vacuum needed.
- For concrete and fiberglass swimming pools – 2 layers of Epoxyden floor primer in spray or roller with minimum dry time between coats for good adhesion. (test drying with finger print)
- In case schpachtel fixing needed, use Epoxyden schpachtel after the first primer layer and in 24 hours paint the second layer of primer.
- On Aluminum swimming pool: the same but the primer is Epoxyden wash primer. For better adhesion – before the primer coats: Remove grease with Degreazer M, etch with Antrox 14, and coat with yellow passivation with Passivator 1722.
- In less than 24 hours spread the first coat of Tutgum Dengal on the second dry primer coat. After aprox. 3 hr. spread the second layer.
- Waiting to long between the layers is not recommended as the primer coats can become to dry and hard and reject the top coat on it.
- 5 liter, 5 liters, 18 liters.
- In a shaded and cool place at room temperature with proper ventilation.
- Keep lids sealed.
Shelf life span:
- 12 months in its original
- Use D-21 or mineral
- In factory laboratories according to specifications.
- COA and COC certificate.
- ISO 9001-2008
- Inedible, keep away from the reach of children.
- Flammable – keep distant from heated areas, fires, flames, and sparks, Prohibit smoking in working area.
- While applying, good air ventilation is important. In case there is not enough air, use ventilation according to the ventilation table.
- Wear protective glasses, gloves and suits.
- Avoid direct contact of the paint and/or thinner with the eyes and skin. In case of contact, immediately wash thoroughly with water.
- In case of an injury immediately get doctors assistance.
- Read the safety instructions on the labels.
- See M.S.D.S
- Don’t mix the product with materials which were not recommended by us.
- Don’t apply if the temperature is under +7°C.
- Don’t apply if humidity is over 80%
- When applying with Airless, do not aim it at anybody a direct hit could be fatal at pressures over 150 atm.
- Read thoroughly the technical data of the product listed in this section; confirm that everything is understood completely, for clarification contacts our tech. department.
- All information that is listed in this content is a recommendation merely and cannot be applied in the court of law.
- The costumer must test & check that this product is compatible with his equipment and needs.
- The information listed in this section is according to the laboratory conditions (temperature, humidity etc.) which the products were tested.
- The recommendations listed do not hold any responsibility for this product.
- Theoretical and actual coverage area are different concepts, the actual coverage is affected by the required thickness of the layers, required number of layers, painting conditions including the amount of paint which spread in the air before touching the surface.
- The information listed in this section is based on experience and accumulating data, Denber inc., has the right to change the information listed at any time.
- Paints that have been in stagnation or exposed to air more than needed could have their qualities changed.
- Storage room temperature 15°C to 25°C.
- Over Spray: An effect which occurs in the spraying of paints application. A type of “dust” is created by dry gases of the air, which causing the paint particles to fall dry on the surface (hereafter the “effect”). The impact of this “effect” becomes stronger due to over pressure and heat, (most sprayers have a lever to control the pressure) To avoid the negative impact 0f the “effect”, the pressure of the spraying should be lowered to the necessary minimum!. Another possibility is to increase the amount of the thinner in the mixture which would cause the paint particles to fall wetter on the surface.
An additional recommended possibility, to avoid this “effect”, is to add a retarder to the mixture which increases the duration period of the painting application , avoiding the paint to dry up, and enabling it to reach the surface wetter, Thus a better painted smooth layer is formed.
- Pot Life: The working time which is possible to paint a mixture of two components, A+B (or more) without spoiling the qualities of the paint or disqualifying the paint as “out of use”.
- Spray: It is possible to spray with a sprayer that has a container holding the paint that sprays it with air pressure.
- Airless: a device with a piston which compresses the air for spraying paints. The pressure might be high (over 100atm.) Don’t aim it at anyone
- Surface preparations: the level of cleanness is determined by international standards. Surface preparations, including cleansing sand blasting, is important & critical factor in achieving an optimal result for painting adhesion on a certain surface. These standards are equally compared to the standards of the Swiss SA, the German-Din the U.S SSPC SP For each standard in any level there are indicators, for sale, in order to make visual comparison between the cleansing of the surface and the indicator.
- Prior to the painting on large surfaces it is important to test the product on a small area, to be sure that the paint is compatible with the level of satisfactory.
- Laboratory testing was made according to the standards institution specifications.
- This “Data sheet” given as noncommittal information, the product above recommended for professional painting specialists. This information is not a substitute to personal guidance.
- You must read the MSDS safety instructions before you start working with the product.