Epoxy paint for swimming pools
Primer/top coat paint for swimming pools and water/sewage reservoirs concrete or aluminum. Special high build multi-layer epoxy coat with high durability under contaminated and chlorine water and exposure to sun. Blue standard color and others for marking.
- Heavy duty, high build.
- Fast drying, ready for recoating after 6 hour.
- Tough, scratch resistance.
- Good adhesion to concrete and aluminum.
- Can be applied in some layers for thick coat.
- Ready for use.
- Resistant to salt, chlorine and wet environment and durable in oils, fuels and solvent.
- Expansion and shrinkage accordance to infrastructure.
- Swimming pools.
- Water reservoirs.
- Dams and pipes.
- Pumping stations, pumps, wells etc.
- Theoretical coverage: 8-9 m 2/liter for 130 mic. wet.
- Recommended dry film thickness: 80 mic.
- Recommended number of layers: 2-3
- Density: 1.2-1.4 gm/cm3.
- Hardness: >3 Dg (Erichsen)
- Elasticity: 1 mm (Sheen)
- Viscosity: 1.5-2.2 Pa.sec (Haake)
- Mixing ratio A:B – 2.5:1
- Flash point: 27 °c
- Pot life: 6 hr.
- Adhesion to metal: 215 Kg/cm2 to aluminum – 180 kg/cm2
- Special Epoxy resins.
- Flexible materials.
- Pigments and fillers
- Blue, black, red.
- 2-3 minutes (avoid over spray).
Repainting Gap Time:
- 16 hours, final – 24
Recommended Application Methods:
- Spray, brush, roller.
- Spray gun – 25-35% thinner D-4/100 pressure 4-5 atm.
- Airless – 5-10% D-4/100, pressure 6-7 atm. nozzle- 0.021″/0.023″
- Roller/brush- 5% D-4/100.
- Mechanical or chemical cleaning until concrete is clean, dry and the porous are open after vacuum.
- Aluminum – Spread Antarox 4 and flash with water, spread passivator 1722 and flash water.
- Mechanical: steel brushes ST-2.5.
- Chemical: rust -“rust remover 3000”, grease -“Degreazer M”.
- Sand blasting cleaning (is the most recommended system for preparing surface) – level of cleaning SA- 2.5.
Instruction for Use:
- Surface preparation as recommended.
- Open carefully parts a & b and stir separately well.
- Pour needed quantity ratio base to hardener 2.5:1
- Blend well for homogenous mixture and add thinner D-4/100 as recommended.
- Blend again and spray first coat, after 4-6 hours minimum sand a little and spray second layer and etc.
- 3.6 liter part A + 1.4 liter part B = 5 liter
- 13 liter part A + 5 liter part B = 18 liter
- Appropriate cool and shaded room in room temp. with proper ventilation.
- Keep lids tightly closed.
- 12 month in original sealed package.
- Clean with thinner D-4/l 00 immediately after complete painting.
- In factory laboratories according to specifications.
- COA and COC certificate.
- ISO 9001-2008
- Inedible, keep away from the reach of children.
- Flammable – keep distant from heated areas, fires, flames, and sparks, Prohibit smoking in working area.
- While applying, good air ventilation is important. In case there is not enough air, use ventilation according to the ventilation table.
- Wear protective glasses, gloves and suits.
- Avoid direct contact of the paint and/or thinner with the eyes and skin. In case of contact, immediately wash thoroughly with water.
- In case of an injury immediately get doctors assistance.
- Read the safety instructions on the labels.
- See M.S.D.S
- Don’t mix the product with materials which were not recommended by us.
- Don’t apply if the temperature is under +7°C.
- Don’t apply if humidity is over 80%
- When applying with Airless, do not aim it at anybody a direct hit could be fatal at pressures over 150 atm.
- Read thoroughly the technical data of the product listed in this section; confirm that everything is understood completely, for clarification contacts our tech. department.
- All information that is listed in this content is a recommendation merely and cannot be applied in the court of law.
- The costumer must test & check that this product is compatible with his equipment and needs.
- The information listed in this section is according to the laboratory conditions (temperature, humidity etc.) which the products were tested.
- The recommendations listed do not hold any responsibility for this product.
- Theoretical and actual coverage area are different concepts, the actual coverage is affected by the required thickness of the layers, required number of layers, painting conditions including the amount of paint which spread in the air before touching the surface.
- The information listed in this section is based on experience and accumulating data, Denber inc., has the right to change the information listed at any time.
- Paints that have been in stagnation or exposed to air more than needed could have their qualities changed.
- Storage room temperature 15°C to 25°C.
- Over Spray: An effect which occurs in the spraying of paints application. A type of “dust” is created by dry gases of the air, which causing the paint particles to fall dry on the surface (hereafter the “effect”). The impact of this “effect” becomes stronger due to over pressure and heat, (most sprayers have a lever to control the pressure) To avoid the negative impact 0f the “effect”, the pressure of the spraying should be lowered to the necessary minimum!. Another possibility is to increase the amount of the thinner in the mixture which would cause the paint particles to fall wetter on the surface.
An additional recommended possibility, to avoid this “effect”, is to add a retarder to the mixture which increases the duration period of the painting application , avoiding the paint to dry up, and enabling it to reach the surface wetter, Thus a better painted smooth layer is formed.
- Pot Life: The working time which is possible to paint a mixture of two components, A+B (or more) without spoiling the qualities of the paint or disqualifying the paint as “out of use”.
- Spray: It is possible to spray with a sprayer that has a container holding the paint that sprays it with air pressure.
- Airless: a device with a piston which compresses the air for spraying paints. The pressure might be high (over 100atm.) Don’t aim it at anyone
- Surface preparations: the level of cleanness is determined by international standards. Surface preparations, including cleansing sand blasting, is important & critical factor in achieving an optimal result for painting adhesion on a certain surface. These standards are equally compared to the standards of the Swiss SA, the German-Din the U.S SSPC SP For each standard in any level there are indicators, for sale, in order to make visual comparison between the cleansing of the surface and the indicator.
- Prior to the painting on large surfaces it is important to test the product on a small area, to be sure that the paint is compatible with the level of satisfactory.
- Laboratory testing was made according to the standards institution specifications.
- This “Data sheet” given as noncommittal information, the product above recommended for professional painting specialists. This information is not a substitute to personal guidance.
- You must read the MSDS safety instructions before you start working with the product.
Safety instructions and transportation risk levels:
* According to UVV 24 (VGB 32) standards.
- It is recommended to cover containers and tubes which have flammable substances from ‘A’ group, level: 1, 2, 3, and from group ‘B’.
|V b F||A 11|
|Vehicle transportations of dangerous substances|
|In GGVE\RID train||3N 31c|
|Secret material sea transportation||CLASS 3.3||CLASS 3.3||CLASS 3.3|
|UN no 1866||UN no 1866||UN no 1866|