Epoxyden Top Coat Tinted
Two component for metal, aluminum etc.
MIL-PRF- 22750G Type II (Grade A)
A hard two component decorative epoxy high solids top paint, for spraying or spreading brush/roller, for metal elements, aluminum and it’s alloys, industrial machines, production areas walls and floors and etc., Produced in compliance with U.S. MIL standard 22750 TYPE II (last version 30 April 2014). Durable in harsh and extreme environments. Has high erosion and chemical endurance. Has a smooth and washable surface that is durable against light loads. For painting on Epoxyden primer, creates a protective coat with high adhesion to the primer. Suitable for painting aviation or military demands and space parts with surface preparation according the mil-spec demands and the American standard ASTM.
- Top coat layer with mechanical strength and high adhesion to the epoxy primer.
- White and in any color, protects the painted surface in extreme conditions.
- Perfect top coat for steel, aviation aluminum and it alloys.
- Protects from oxidation or rust in iron metals.
- Alkali and acid durable according to the table below and in extreme humidity..
- Heavy Duty
- Easy to paint and repaint when required. Dries quickly.
- Durable against industrial polluted water.
- Durable against most fuels and oils and jet fuel. .
- Durable against cleansing and other pungent chemicals.
- Durable against scratches and hits.
- Appropriate for industrial walls and floors that light equipment and carts move on it.
- Covers the painted objects with an even and smooth coat that has no stitches, colorful and decorative that come in various tints and gloss (matte/silk/gloss).
- Easy to clean and leaves a clean floor and walls after an ordinary wash.
- High mechanical strength and excellent durability against light load erosion
- Durable in dry heats of up to 200°C on short periods of time and up to 150°C for long periods of time.
- Easily repairable at very low costs.
- Ready for repainting in the same day after 12 hour.
- High coverage area.
- High electrical isolation.
- For internal uses without exposure to direct sun.
- As top coat for metal parts in industry and aviation/marine parts in aviation and space production, military industry, marine ships and boats internal painting.
- For upgrading durability to chemicals and chemical or salty corrosive environment.
- For painting military parts and equipment
- For industrial machinery and products coating..
- For walls and floors in industries that don’t have forklift movement,
- Floors in private car parking areas, garages and warehouses..
- For floors for pedestrian in galleries, stores, clubs and etc..
- For walls and floors in hi-tech buildings, medicine and food industries that need a high sanitation standards.
- Part A – smooth can be mixed easily.
- Part B – transparent and clear.
- Storage durability – 7 days at 600 C with no sagging or corruption.
- Coverage – 1 liter per 8-10 sqm.. in layer of 50 mic. dry minimum.
- Contrast ratio min. – 0.9 (for 13538), all others : > 0.95
- Fineness of grinding: glossy – min. 7, semi-gloss – min. 6, lusterless – min. 5 (Hegman)
- Flexibility: film 120 microns – 1mm (SHEEN).
- Density in”: 1.2-1.45 gm\cm³ (DIN 51575) part B – 0.85-0.95 gm\cm³ (ASTM D-1475)
- Viscosity: after mixing with 340gr/l thinner – <50 sec. #4 ford cups
- Hardness: > 10 Dg (ERICHSEN) (over 60 DIN 53153)
- Flash point: part A 27°C, Hardener: at 32°C (DIN 53213, 53213)
- Gloss 60O – for glossy paints: >90%, for silky : 15-30%, matte: <5%
- Infrared reflectance for 34095 only – 450-500 nanometers: <8, 500-600:<10, 600-2700: <8
- Max volatiles – < 340 g/l
- Solids % – part A in weight 78% . part B 65% in volume (ASTM D-2369)
- Erosion endurance: 3200 cycle (BYK Gardener)
- Recommended thickness of layer – <125 mic. wet, minimum 50 mic. dry.
- Number of recommended coats – 1-2
- Touch dry time: <4 hr., Hard dry time – <8 hours. (for a50 mic. dry film)
- Pot life – 4 hours.
- Volume mixture ratio: 2.5:1.
- Wait time before painting – 10 minutes.
- Adhesion to iron metal – 210 kg/cm2
- Adhesion to aluminum – 180 kg/cm2
- Adhesion to concrete – higher than concrete strength.
- Heat resistance – 121OC for 1 hour without any changes in film quality and hue color.
- Hot oil durability – 121OC for 24 hours without changes in quality and hue color.
- Hydraulic oil resistance – 65OC for 24 hours without changes in film quality and hue color. Or 168 hr. in 25OC
- Lubrication oil – immerse in 121 OC for 24 hr.
- Solvents durability -50 time rubbing with a cloth soaked in MEK no peeling of paint from film.
- Distilled water resistant – 4 days in temperature 49OC – no imperfections of the film.
- Adhesion test – masking tape gluing and pressure with 2kg weight for 1 hour – when pull off no flaking of paint film.
- Salt spray testing with a X scratch through the primer- resistant 1000 hours (ASTM B117-97 table 1 rank 5) development of corrosion until 5 mm.
- Humidity cell test – coated Panel 150 microns with a scratch (ASTM-1654-00 table 1 rank 10) = zero rust from the scratch.
- PULL OFF adhesion test (ASTM D4541) – average 4 tests thickness 110-125 microns thickness averaging 117 microns after 7 days of drying- 1050 Psi
- Accelerated weather test – 3 of 4 panels for 500 hr. in cycles, – no cracks or film defects, color changes: delta E < 3
- Strippability – > 90%
- A mixture of high quality epoxy resins.
- White standard.
- Clear and any from RAL catalogue., 595 fed. , BS and BAM catalogue..
Waiting period between layers:
- 12 hours. Final: 24hours, final hardening: 3- 7 days.( changes accordingly to the temperature)
- Roller. spray
- Thinner 4/100 as MIL-T-81771 Type II
- 10-25% as needed for brush or roller. If orange effect appears can add thinner to 35%
- Spray – 10-25%
- Airless – 0-5%.
- It is required to apply on the Epoxyden primer based surface only if it is completely clean and dry.
- Old paint – sand well with glass paper and clean with air pressure and drug socked with thinner.
- Aviation aluminum and it’s alloys – burn and passivation according MIL-C-5541 MIL-C-81706
- Big elements – paint removing and wash, sanding with polish machines or sand blast or plastic balls blast. Wash and dry.
- Steel – epoxyden primer anticorrosive or HB19 or with Rust converter
- Aluminum – epoxyden stronzium chromate
- Make sure that the base primer layer is dry, clean – dirt, dust and grease free.
- Open carefully ‘A’ +’B’ parts of the paint and pour at the ratio 2.5:1 in the required amount,
- Floors: stir well and immediately pour on the edge surface floor. With an epoxy roller, spread the substance evenly on the surface. It is recommended not have any equipment movement on the surface for at least 7 days.
- Metal objects: stir well and fill to spray gun or airless, spray the substance evenly on the surface for 50 mic. dry min. after 4 hr. a second coat can be apply.
Life span after mixture (POT LIFE) according to the temperature:
|5 liters of ‘A’ +’B’ mixture|
- Quantity air needed for 1 liter mixture epoxyden white:
- To get 10% LEL=65 M3
- To get the TLV = 990 M3
- 4+1.6=5 liter.
- Store in a shaded place, at a temperature of between 15°C-32°C with proper ventilation.
- Keep lids tightly closed.
Shelf life span:
- 12 months in its original package.
- Use D-4\100 thinner immediately after painting.
- In factory laboratories according to specifications.
- COA and COC certificate.
- ISO 9001-2008
- Inedible, keep away from the reach of children.
- Flammable – keep distant from heated areas, fires, flames, and sparks, Prohibit smoking in working area.
- While applying, good air ventilation is important. In case there is not enough air, use ventilation according to the ventilation table.
- Wear protective glasses, gloves and suits.
- Avoid direct contact of the paint and/or thinner with the eyes and skin. In case of contact, immediately wash thoroughly with water.
- In case of an injury immediately get doctors assistance.
- Read the safety instructions on the labels.
- See M.S.D.S
- Don’t mix the product with materials which were not recommended by us.
- Don’t apply if the temperature is under +7°C.
- Don’t apply if humidity is over 80%
- When applying with Airless, do not aim it at anybody a direct hit could be fatal at pressures over 150 atm.
- Read thoroughly the technical data of the product listed in this section; confirm that everything is understood completely, for clarification contacts our tech. department.
- All information that is listed in this content is a recommendation merely and cannot be applied in the court of law.
- The costumer must test & check that this product is compatible with his equipment and needs.
- The information listed in this section is according to the laboratory conditions (temperature, humidity etc.) which the products were tested.
- The recommendations listed do not hold any responsibility for this product.
- Theoretical and actual coverage area are different concepts, the actual coverage is affected by the required thickness of the layers, required number of layers, painting conditions including the amount of paint which spread in the air before touching the surface.
- The information listed in this section is based on experience and accumulating data, Denber inc., has the right to change the information listed at any time.
- Paints that have been in stagnation or exposed to air more than needed could have their qualities changed.
- Storage room temperature 15°C to 25°C.
- Over Spray: An effect which occurs in the spraying of paints application. A type of “dust” is created by dry gases of the air, which causing the paint particles to fall dry on the surface (hereafter the “effect”). The impact of this “effect” becomes stronger due to over pressure and heat, (most sprayers have a lever to control the pressure) To avoid the negative impact 0f the “effect”, the pressure of the spraying should be lowered to the necessary minimum!. Another possibility is to increase the amount of the thinner in the mixture which would cause the paint particles to fall wetter on the surface.
An additional recommended possibility, to avoid this “effect”, is to add a retarder to the mixture which increases the duration period of the painting application , avoiding the paint to dry up, and enabling it to reach the surface wetter, Thus a better painted smooth layer is formed.
- Pot Life: The working time which is possible to paint a mixture of two components, A+B (or more) without spoiling the qualities of the paint or disqualifying the paint as “out of use”.
- Spray: It is possible to spray with a sprayer that has a container holding the paint that sprays it with air pressure.
- Airless: a device with a piston which compresses the air for spraying paints. The pressure might be high (over 100atm.) Don’t aim it at anyone
- Surface preparations: the level of cleanness is determined by international standards. Surface preparations, including cleansing sand blasting, is important & critical factor in achieving an optimal result for painting adhesion on a certain surface. These standards are equally compared to the standards of the Swiss SA, the German-Din the U.S SSPC SP For each standard in any level there are indicators, for sale, in order to make visual comparison between the cleansing of the surface and the indicator.
- Prior to the painting on large surfaces it is important to test the product on a small area, to be sure that the paint is compatible with the level of satisfactory.
- Laboratory testing was made according to the standards institution specifications.
- This “Data sheet” given as noncommittal information, the product above recommended for professional painting specialists. This information is not a substitute to personal guidance.
- You must read the MSDS safety instructions before you start working with the product.
Safety instructions and transportation risk levels:
* According to UVV 24 (VGB 32) standards.
- It is recommended to cover containers and tubes which have flammable substances from ‘A’ group, level: 1, 2, 3, and from group ‘B’.
|V b F||A 11|
|Vehicle transportations of dangerous substances|
|In GGVE\RID train||3N 31c|
|Secret material sea transportation||CLASS 3.3||CLASS 3.3||CLASS 3.3|
|UN no 1866||UN no 1866||UN no 1866|
- Visit our sites: www.denber-paints.co.il
- Varnish for wood. How to choose the right varnish for wood
- Thermal isolation Thermoseal 200 energy saving in green construction
- Crystal epoxy resin for tables
- Fire resistance of houses, hardwood and parquet floors, decks
- Sealing the floor of the balcony, terrace from rain
- Thin floor nano-coverings for industrial refrigerators and freezers
- Epoxy floors – Benefits of epoxy floors
- Swelling paints for steel protection against fire – Fire retardant paint
- As part of the restoration of buildings – concrete restoration at the Yad Kennedy site
- Paint for aircraft Denbergloss Jets
- Complicated sealing based on innovative technologies
- Reconstruction project of a unique house (Israeli house of architect Gaudi); Renovation of condominiums
- The work on the floor covering and restoration of the sports hall has been completed
- Denber has developed an innovative solution for thermal insulation works
- Mold, how to remove mold correctly and how to fight mold
- “Sick” buildings – Antibacterial paints destroys viruses / bacteria – Bacterinoll/ Tutgum Bacterinol
- Denber – floor coating using epoxy and polyurethane – find out what is suitable for you epoxy floor or polyurethane floor
- Epoxy floor coating and epoxy paints