Based on Silicate for high temperature up to 960OC
A high temp. silicate paint. Up to 960°C high temperature Silicate paint for direct application to iron and steel. Special water-soluble paint based on filtered inorganic materials withstanding temperatures up to 960°C, offering decorative and anticorrosive protection and cathodic protection to iron (when adding Zinc).
The paint repels heat from metals and when directly applied on iron, after heating it dries turning into an inorganic silicate-like coating similar to glass. It is important to thoroughly remove grease from iron with degreaser MC before painting.
- Sticking strongly to
- Offering cathodic protection to iron when painted in a shade of gray (primer plus Zinc).
- Painted in anticorrosive shades of green/black, it prevents rust from
- In silvery shade it induces heat reflection on May be painted onto light rust.
- It withstands high temperatures, protecting the painted Acid environment withstanding.
- Easy to
- Painting of iron
- Painting of steam boilers,
- Painting steam and heat transporting piping (SILICITON+Zinc to paint interior piping).
- For painting of taps and steam
- For painting cracking installations, dryers, toasting -installations and
- SILICION+ Zinc is suitable for painting drinking water
- Theoretically surface covering – 1 liter/8- l 5m2
- Recom1nended layer thickness 25-40 microns (wet: 40-60 microns).
- Recom1nended number of layers – 2
- Density 15-2.4 gm/cm3
- Flexibility 3 mm (SHEEN).
- Hardening 3 Dg (Erickson).
- Grinding 30
- Viscosity 7-3.0 Pasec.
- About 70%
- PH level .13-14
- Aluminum silver/black/green for 960°C (white for 200°C, red brown for 600°C.)
- Transparent solely for interior application (keep away from contact with water) up to 960°C.
- Gray dual compound with Zinc powder, to solely be mixed before painting for cathodic protection at 960°C.
Dry to the touch:
Dryillg between layers:
- Between 40 minutes up to 2 Final 4-8 hours.
- Brushing, rolling,
- 0-15% water, it is recommended not to thin at
- The surface to be painted should be cleaned of any dirt or loose Any grease that may prevent complete adhesion of SILICITON to the metal should be carefully removed.
- Surface needs to be brushed with metal brush to remove all coarse
- If possible it is recommended to perform light sand cleaning or chemical removing of rust and
- Carry out surface preparation as required,
- Carefully open the container and mix very
- When using SILICITON+Zinc mix well both ingredients to obtain a uniform gray
- For brushing/rolling apply one thin layer and after 1 h another
- For spraying it is recommended not to thin at all and to spray 2 thin layers at 40 minutes to 2 hours
- Should it be hard to spray due to spraying equipment or low air pressure and high viscosity, it is possible to use water to
- 1 liter, 5 liter, 5 liter, 18 liter, 200 liter.
- At room temperature in protected area with appropriate ventilation.
- Keep lids tightly sealed.
- 6 months in original packaging, 12 months in export
- Under running water immediately after
- In factory laboratories according to specifications.
- COA and COC certificate.
- ISO 9001-2008
- Inedible, keep away from the reach of children.
- Flammable – keep distant from heated areas, fires, flames, and sparks, Prohibit smoking in working area.
- While applying, good air ventilation is important. In case there is not enough air, use ventilation according to the ventilation table.
- Wear protective glasses, gloves and suits.
- Avoid direct contact of the paint and/or thinner with the eyes and skin. In case of contact, immediately wash thoroughly with water.
- In case of an injury immediately get doctors assistance.
- Read the safety instructions on the labels.
- See M.S.D.S
- Don’t mix the product with materials which were not recommended by us.
- Don’t apply if the temperature is under +7°C.
- Don’t apply if humidity is over 80%
- When applying with Airless, do not aim it at anybody a direct hit could be fatal at pressures over 150 atm.
- Read thoroughly the technical data of the product listed in this section; confirm that everything is understood completely, for clarification contacts our tech. department.
- All information that is listed in this content is a recommendation merely and cannot be applied in the court of law.
- The costumer must test & check that this product is compatible with his equipment and needs.
- The information listed in this section is according to the laboratory conditions (temperature, humidity etc.) which the products were tested.
- The recommendations listed do not hold any responsibility for this product.
- Theoretical and actual coverage area are different concepts, the actual coverage is affected by the required thickness of the layers, required number of layers, painting conditions including the amount of paint which spread in the air before touching the surface.
- The information listed in this section is based on experience and accumulating data, Denber inc., has the right to change the information listed at any time.
- Paints that have been in stagnation or exposed to air more than needed could have their qualities changed.
- Storage room temperature 15°C to 25°C.
- Over Spray: An effect which occurs in the spraying of paints application. A type of “dust” is created by dry gases of the air, which causing the paint particles to fall dry on the surface (hereafter the “effect”). The impact of this “effect” becomes stronger due to over pressure and heat, (most sprayers have a lever to control the pressure) To avoid the negative impact 0f the “effect”, the pressure of the spraying should be lowered to the necessary minimum!. Another possibility is to increase the amount of the thinner in the mixture which would cause the paint particles to fall wetter on the surface.
An additional recommended possibility, to avoid this “effect”, is to add a retarder to the mixture which increases the duration period of the painting application , avoiding the paint to dry up, and enabling it to reach the surface wetter, Thus a better painted smooth layer is formed.
- Pot Life: The working time which is possible to paint a mixture of two components, A+B (or more) without spoiling the qualities of the paint or disqualifying the paint as “out of use”.
- Spray: It is possible to spray with a sprayer that has a container holding the paint that sprays it with air pressure.
- Airless: a device with a piston which compresses the air for spraying paints. The pressure might be high (over 100atm.) Don’t aim it at anyone
- Surface preparations: the level of cleanness is determined by international standards. Surface preparations, including cleansing sand blasting, is important & critical factor in achieving an optimal result for painting adhesion on a certain surface. These standards are equally compared to the standards of the Swiss SA, the German-Din the U.S SSPC SP For each standard in any level there are indicators, for sale, in order to make visual comparison between the cleansing of the surface and the indicator.
- Prior to the painting on large surfaces it is important to test the product on a small area, to be sure that the paint is compatible with the level of satisfactory.
- Laboratory testing was made according to the standards institution specifications.
- This “Data sheet” given as noncommittal information, the product above recommended for professional painting specialists. This information is not a substitute to personal guidance.
- You must read the MSDS safety instructions before you start working with the product.