Epoxyden floor primer 450
White primer especially for wet concrete floors
The epoxy polyamide primer paint is especially for wet concrete floors, with a high quantity of solids and very low viscosity that enables it to penetrate deep into the concrete and build “roots”, strengthening the infrastructure of the concrete floor, that produces an even and smooth seal film for coating with additional layers which covers the wet concrete floor with the wanted shade and thickness.
- Penetrates deep into the concrete (small molecular structure) and builds roots.
- Creates a dry surface for coating.
- Seals the floor and prevent air to go up from the sealed pores in time of coating top layer on the primer.
- Enables recoating.
- Creates an impermeable ability that extends its service period,
- Prevents stains from organic materials and accumulating dirt.
- Sticks to wet concrete.
- Foundational primer layer coating for wet concrete floors and walls in wet industries like food industries and etc..
- For primer coating fresh concrete or wet surface
- For coating water reservoirs, wet concrete, tunnels, floors, walls.
- Theoretical surface cover ratio: 10sq.m for 1 liter.
- Practical surface cover ratio: 3-8 sqm. For 1 liter(depends on the quality for the concrete)
- Flexibility: 3mm (sheen). (DIN 53457 Nmm² 720%)
- Density: 1.2-1.4 gmcm³.(DIN 51575)
- Viscosity: 1.5-2.2 Pa.sec (HAAKE)
- Hardness: >3 dg (Erichsen).(60gr. Lose –DIN53153)
- Pot life after mixture: 8 hours at 20°C.
- Recommended layer thickness: 100-250 microns
- of recommended layers: 1-2 for floors. For high absorbency concrete and for walls: 2-3.
- Ratio: 2.5:1
- Erosion endurance: 3000 cycle (BYK gardner) ASTM
- Flash point: part a 27°C, part b at 185°C
- Elongation resistance: 12.5 Nmm² (DIN 53452)
- Adhesion to concrete – higher than concrete
- Waiting period before painting:
- Excellent special polyamide resin
- Penetration and flexibility components.
- Additives and solids.
Touch dry time:
- 2-5 hours in summer.
Drying time between coats:
|Final drying||None||15 days||10 days||7 days||3 days||2 days|
For recoating do not wait for final drying..
If final drying, coat with another primer 450 layer before continue coating..
- Spray, brush, roll, pouring.
- No Thinning necessary for airless, add 5-10% thinner 4/100 for brush or roller.
- Mechanically grind with a diamond grinder with vacuum until a smooth and clean surface is created.
- Scrap loose and crumbled layers from old floors.
- Open and enlarge spreading cracks and any cracks with a diamond disk and vacuum thoroughly.
- Fill dents with grout Epoxyden and all cracks with Polyflex 225A
- Prepare the surface as instructed above.
- Make sure that the concrete is max. dry as possibly dry.
- Carefully open A and B parts of the Epoxy den floor Primer 450.
- Pour both parts into a container and simultaneously stir until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Wait between 10 to 30 minutes according to the wait period table.
- Pour the mixture on the floor and spread it with a wiperbrush or a roller until an even surface is formed. On walls spray it with airless.
Life span of mixture accord to temp. (pot life):
- For 5 liter A +B mixture:
|Duration||10 hours||8 hours||7 hours||6 hours||4 hours|
- The amount of air required for 1 liter paint mixture of A+B:
- Enable to reach 10% of M³ 65=LEL
- Enable to reach the M³ 990 = TLV
- The amount of air required for 1 liter D-4100 thinner:
- Enable to reach 10% of M³ 182= LEL
- Enable to reach M³ 2125 = TLV
- 6+1.4 =5 liters, 13+5 = 18 liters.
- Store in a room temperature shaded area. with proper ventilation.
- Keep lids tightly closed.
Shelf life span:
- 24 months in its original packaging.
- Uses D-4100 immediately after finishing painting.
- In factory laboratories according to specifications.
- COA and COC certificate.
- ISO 9001-2008
- Inedible, keep away from the reach of children.
- Flammable – keep distant from heated areas, fires, flames, and sparks, Prohibit smoking in working area.
- While applying, good air ventilation is important. In case there is not enough air, use ventilation according to the ventilation table.
- Wear protective glasses, gloves and suits.
- Avoid direct contact of the paint and/or thinner with the eyes and skin. In case of contact, immediately wash thoroughly with water.
- In case of an injury immediately get doctors assistance.
- Read the safety instructions on the labels.
- See M.S.D.S
- Don’t mix the product with materials which were not recommended by us.
- Don’t apply if the temperature is under +7°C.
- Don’t apply if humidity is over 80%
- When applying with Airless, do not aim it at anybody a direct hit could be fatal at pressures over 150 atm.
- Read thoroughly the technical data of the product listed in this section; confirm that everything is understood completely, for clarification contacts our tech. department.
- All information that is listed in this content is a recommendation merely and cannot be applied in the court of law.
- The costumer must test & check that this product is compatible with his equipment and needs.
- The information listed in this section is according to the laboratory conditions (temperature, humidity etc.) which the products were tested.
- The recommendations listed do not hold any responsibility for this product.
- Theoretical and actual coverage area are different concepts, the actual coverage is affected by the required thickness of the layers, required number of layers, painting conditions including the amount of paint which spread in the air before touching the surface.
- The information listed in this section is based on experience and accumulating data, Denber inc., has the right to change the information listed at any time.
- Paints that have been in stagnation or exposed to air more than needed could have their qualities changed.
- Storage room temperature 15°C to 25°C.
- Over Spray: An effect which occurs in the spraying of paints application. A type of «dust» is created by dry gases of the air, which causing the paint particles to fall dry on the surface (hereafter the «effect»). The impact of this «effect» becomes stronger due to over pressure and heat, (most sprayers have a lever to control the pressure) To avoid the negative impact 0f the «effect», the pressure of the spraying should be lowered to the necessary minimum!. Another possibility is to increase the amount of the thinner in the mixture which would cause the paint particles to fall wetter on the surface.
An additional recommended possibility, to avoid this «effect», is to add a retarder to the mixture which increases the duration period of the painting application , avoiding the paint to dry up, and enabling it to reach the surface wetter, Thus a better painted smooth layer is formed.
- Pot Life: The working time which is possible to paint a mixture of two components, A+B (or more) without spoiling the qualities of the paint or disqualifying the paint as «out of use».
- Spray: It is possible to spray with a sprayer that has a container holding the paint that sprays it with air pressure.
- Airless: a device with a piston which compresses the air for spraying paints. The pressure might be high (over 100atm.) Don’t aim it at anyone
- Surface preparations: the level of cleanness is determined by international standards. Surface preparations, including cleansing sand blasting, is important & critical factor in achieving an optimal result for painting adhesion on a certain surface. These standards are equally compared to the standards of the Swiss SA, the German-Din the U.S SSPC SP For each standard in any level there are indicators, for sale, in order to make visual comparison between the cleansing of the surface and the indicator.
- Prior to the painting on large surfaces it is important to test the product on a small area, to be sure that the paint is compatible with the level of satisfactory.
- Laboratory testing was made according to the standards institution specifications.
- This «Data sheet» given as noncommittal information, the product above recommended for professional painting specialists. This information is not a substitute to personal guidance.
- You must read the MSDS safety instructions before you start working with the product.
Safety instructions and transportation risk levels:
* According to UVV 24 (VGB 32) standards.
- It is recommended to cover containers and tubes which have flammable substances from ‘A’ group, level: 1, 2, 3, and from group ‘B’.
|V b F||A 11|
|Vehicle transportations of dangerous substances|
|In GGVERID train||3N 31c|
|Secret material sea transportation||CLASS 3.3||CLASS 3.3||CLASS 3.3|
|UN no 1866||UN no 1866||UN no 1866|