Erosion durable fast drying hard coat road marking paint
Solvent dilution, smooth & decorative top coat road marking paint for asphalt and concrete roads and sidewalks with excellent adhesion to infrastructure. The paint is very strong and durable, suitable for outdoor extreme conditions including heat & cold, sunlight (U.V.) etc. White and in durable standard shades (yellow, black. blue, red, ornge). Suitable for much vehicular traffic day and night. On day light striking from distance and at night (because the glass beads been scattered on it while it was painted before it dry’s), creates a refund light from long distance.
- Striking paint and seen from great distance, durable in outdoor conditions.
- Flexible and rigid. Penetrates deep into the grooves and fills cracks in asphalt and concrete.
- Perfectly water resistant, suitable for winter heavy rains, not falling apart.
- Excellent adhesion capacity to infrastructure.
- The adhesion power of the paint allows coating it with glass beads.while wet.
- Easy to apply and dries quickly.
- Abrasion and scratches resistant. Durable in the heat of the asphalt in the summer.
- Resistant to fuels and oils.
- Fast drying, ready for repainting at the same day and within hours in the summer if necessary. The fast drying allows the opening of a road within 30 minutes.after painting.
- High coverage area – cost-effective paint.
- Road marking asphalt and concrete paint for urban roads and fast roads.
- Marking sidewalks and traffic islands.
- Marking parking lots.
- Painting pedestrian crossings.
- Painting floors warehouses, shelters, garages and so on.
- Theoretically area covered: 1 liter for 10 Hiding ability minimum 0.9 (Israel standard 935 part 306)
- Consumption for new asphalt road: 1 liter for 1.3-2.0 sqm. depands on asphalt quality.
- Consumption for old asphalt road: 1 liter for 2.0 sqm.
- Solids content by volume: > 70 % (standard 785 part 17)
- Pigments quantity: 65% (standard 785 part 19)
- Flexibility: l mm (Sheen). (standard 935 part 307)
- Grinding : < 50 micron (standard 785 part 15 – < 60 mic.)
- Density: 1.45-1.6 gm/cm3
- Viscosity: 1.5-2.5 Pa.sec (Haake) 78-92 krebs in 200 cycle/minutes after mixing by hand for 2 minutes (standard 935 part 302) after dilution 10% with thinner – 65 krebs. After 10 days storage in 42 OC – viscosity will grow < 5 krebs.
- Durability in water immersion: no bubbles, no softening, no changes in adhesion, (Israel standard 935 chapter 312)
- Bleeding durability: not less than level 6 (ASTM D-868 and ASTM D-969)
- Durability in solvents and fuels: ASTM D-2792-93
- Hardness: >10 Dg (Erickson)
- Erosion 120 mic. film – 1560 cycles (BYK Gardner), americn standard ASTM D4060 – 200 mic. film, loss of weight 2 gr. To 500 cycles (2.5 alloud)
- Recommended layer thickness 200 microns wet
- Recommended number of layers: 1
- Quantity of glass beads: 100-150 gr. /sqm.
- Special acrylate
- Fillers, pigments.
- Flexible materials.
- Wetting and leveling materials.
- White standard, yellow standard, orange standard, black, blue, red.
- < 18% (Israel standard 935 part 309)
Touch dry time:
- 15 min. (a very fast drying paint, avoid over spray). Drying time with a wheel –
< 45 minutes, (standard 935 part 304 change 2)
- In case there is over spray – add retarder as needed and reduce air pressure
Time to oper road for driving:
- Summer : 30 min.
- Winter: 45 minutes.
Methods of application:
- Asphalt: Spray.
- Concrete: spray, brush, roller.
- Brush/roller: 5% thinner D-18
- Spraying: 20-30% thinner D-18 pressure 3-4 atm.
- Airless: 0-5% thinner D-18, nozzle 0.018” for thin layer and nozzle 0.021” for thick layer.
- Remove any dirt, dust, grease or loose paint from the surface before coating with this paint. Wash and brush roughly with Degreezer Z – to remove oils.
- Clean according the standard 935.
- 5 liters, 18
- In a shaded and cool place at room temperature with proper ventilation.
- Keep lids tightly closed.
- 12 months in its original
- Use thinner D-18 at the end of painting..
- In factory laboratories according to specifications.
- COA and COC certificate.
- ISO 9001-2008
- Inedible, keep away from the reach of children.
- Flammable – keep distant from heated areas, fires, flames, and sparks, Prohibit smoking in working area.
- While applying, good air ventilation is important. In case there is not enough air, use ventilation according to the ventilation table.
- Wear protective glasses, gloves and suits.
- Avoid direct contact of the paint and/or thinner with the eyes and skin. In case of contact, immediately wash thoroughly with water.
- In case of an injury immediately get doctors assistance.
- Read the safety instructions on the labels.
- See M.S.D.S
- Don’t mix the product with materials which were not recommended by us.
- Don’t apply if the temperature is under +7°C.
- Don’t apply if humidity is over 80%
- When applying with Airless, do not aim it at anybody a direct hit could be fatal at pressures over 150 atm.
- Read thoroughly the technical data of the product listed in this section; confirm that everything is understood completely, for clarification contacts our tech. department.
- All information that is listed in this content is a recommendation merely and cannot be applied in the court of law.
- The costumer must test & check that this product is compatible with his equipment and needs.
- The information listed in this section is according to the laboratory conditions (temperature, humidity etc.) which the products were tested.
- The recommendations listed do not hold any responsibility for this product.
- Theoretical and actual coverage area are different concepts, the actual coverage is affected by the required thickness of the layers, required number of layers, painting conditions including the amount of paint which spread in the air before touching the surface.
- The information listed in this section is based on experience and accumulating data, Denber inc., has the right to change the information listed at any time.
- Paints that have been in stagnation or exposed to air more than needed could have their qualities changed.
- Storage room temperature 15°C to 25°C.
- Over Spray: An effect which occurs in the spraying of paints application. A type of “dust” is created by dry gases of the air, which causing the paint particles to fall dry on the surface (hereafter the “effect”). The impact of this “effect” becomes stronger due to over pressure and heat, (most sprayers have a lever to control the pressure) To avoid the negative impact 0f the “effect”, the pressure of the spraying should be lowered to the necessary minimum!. Another possibility is to increase the amount of the thinner in the mixture which would cause the paint particles to fall wetter on the surface.
An additional recommended possibility, to avoid this “effect”, is to add a retarder to the mixture which increases the duration period of the painting application , avoiding the paint to dry up, and enabling it to reach the surface wetter, Thus a better painted smooth layer is formed.
- Pot Life : The working time which is possible to paint a mixture of two components, A+B (or more) without spoiling the qualities of the paint or disqualifying the paint as “out of use”.
- Spray: It is possible to spray with a sprayer that has a container holding the paint that sprays it with air pressure.
- Airless: a device with a piston which compresses the air for spraying paints. The pressure might be high (over 100atm.) Don’t aim it at anyone
- Surface preparations: the level of cleanness is determined by international standards. Surface preparations, including cleansing sand blasting, is important & critical factor in achieving optimal results for painting adhesion on a certain surface. These standards are equally compared to the standards of the Swiss SA, the German-Din the U.S SSPC SP For each standard in any level there are indicators, for sale, in order to make visual comparison between the cleansing of the surface and the indicator.
- Prior to the painting on large surfaces it is important to test the product on a small area, to be sure that the paint is compatible with the level of satisfactory.
- Laboratory testing was made according to the standards institution specifications.
- This “Data sheet” given as an noncommittal information, the product above recommended for professional painting specialists. This information is not a substitute to personal guidance.
- You must read the MSDS safety instructions before you start working with the product.